1: continuous and careful thought consideration he agreed to their requests> 2 a: a matter weighed or taken into account when formulating an opinion or plan considerations forced her to leave college> b: a taking into account3: thoughtful and sympathetic regard
After reading the above description I know the following... It is has been around long enough for people to digest it and implement into their every day life. But I wonder why some people choose to ignore such important action. Regardless how much I dislike someone I always take that person in consideration if required.
I am having difficult time writing about this. After all, I had an experience that brought this up to the surface. I really want to know why certain some one does not take some things in consideration. I am known for being up front to people. I do not say things behind people's back unless I am willing to say into their face. Unfortunately, I find myself in a situation when I cannot really say it up front. I am not afraid just do not want to start something unpleasant. So here is the best that I can do.....
If my kids read this I hope they understand that I have nothing against no one..... I am just trying to understand...'
It was Mother;s Day yesterday. After the day has passed three of my six kids did not call me. It did not hurt my feeling because I know they are kids and their brain does not quiet get it yet. But what I do not understand is why they were not reminded to make a phone call. After all I did give them up on our weekend so that they could spend Mother;s Day with their mom. It had nothing do to with the plans. We were ready to tell the kids that all of their plans would have to be canceled because that weekend was very important to me. So I was considerate but I did not get that back. TREAT OTHERS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED.... I know what it means and I live my life by that rule.
A big part of a step parent is constantly being remind that you are step. It is a curse that has been put upon us to suffer for loving our non-biological children.
PS they did call after my husband called remind them....
5 comments:
I am sorry nina and I can not even begin to imagine how that hurts. Put up a good front if thats how you cope but it has to be a horriable feeling. You are a good mom to those kids just like eric is a good father, in time they will look back and wished they treated you better and this is when you will be rewarded for all your efforts. Kids suck when they are in the teens but when they grow up and start to understand life is not about them and the things they do hurt others that is when they will understand you have "chosen" to love them and you didnt "have to" which is the biggest gift a step parent can give. Later in life my them pay by picking the largest most expensive rest home you can find :)
They are great kids. I love them and they love me. I have nothing but compliments for them. The blog is just a thought. I do not have to have a day when they call me to tell me how much they love me. They do it throughout the year and that's what count.
WOW!!! This blog did start something..... C'mon!!! it is just a blog. I only wish people spoke up about my other, political blogs. The First Amendment at work here. Please, I welcome any comments - good or bad.
Hi Nina! Yeah I read the blog and I promise I'm not mad (although I am more than slightly offended at the wonderful comment Mr./Ms. FeaarDukeBasketball made). I call that being agist (like racist). Anyway, although I understand both sides of this little ordeal, I can honestluy say I don't care. I do apologize, of course, for not calling you sooner. I don't think I realized how important it was to you. I also want you to know that I love you both EQUALLY. Now my mother might be mad about that and although I care what she thinks, it won't change anything. The only thing is I don't see you as a mom. You're like...a big sister I never had I guess. Well you're more than a big sister. You're like a big sister + more awesome. Haha yeah idk but anyway I love you bunches and I understand the situtation completely.
Deep down I do not want you to see me as a mom... since.... one day will be partying together. Mom and daughter partying - - NO! Kristen and Nina partying - - YES! LOL
I way ignore FearDukeBasketball comments because what was said there is not true when it comes to you. But FDB is correct teen brain does not work just right... You have passed teenage years already so that comment does not apply to you.
I love you bunches too but don't tell anyone.
Post a Comment