Thursday, April 23, 2009

Article

This morning while waiting for my husband at the doctor's office I read an article about the publicity Obama gets every day. I was reading the article with the smile on my face. I did find it sad that I take my current president with humor and very little respect. I never thought of having a celebrity president. Ronald Reagan was the only one who could have claimed to be a celebrity president but instead he chose to be a patriot to his country and to fight for the liberty and freedom as our founding fathers had envisioned many years ago.

So why did so many people vote for Obama? What is so special about him? The media presented him a the first Black president. I believe that is a great way to show the world that Americans as a whole are not racist. It is a great way to show the "black community" that racism is not in majority of "white" peoples' hearts. There is no differentiation. There is respect, love and unity of all races, believes, sexual orientation, etc... We the people.... not we the "white" people....

So if the majority of population does not see the color of the skin then why did so many people vote for Obama?

I do not claim to have an answer to that question. But I do have some thoughts.
1. Pier pressure - the white population had to prove to black population that they are not racist. what is the better way to do it if not voting for a black democratic candidate for the president.
2. Sweet Speeches - and what a speeches they were! He knows how to get the crowd going, but so does Brittney Spears, Aerosmith, Rolling Stone, Justin Timberlake, Madonna... should I go on? I always thought we were a nation of thinkers and not the followers. You, the people, proved me wrong.
3. Misleading promises - I have never heard so much lie in my life coming from one person. It was like Bill Clinton all over again times 10. To be honest I enjoyed listening to Obama's speeches. They inspired me to be a better and stronger CONSERVATIVE. Yes!.. all CAPS because I feel it in my heart.
4. John McCain - republican party could have not made it easier for Obama to be elected.

There are many more reasons why we have to deal with our current president.

I know many of you will not agree with my views but I do hope that you open your eyes to something new.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...people will see what a mistake they made by electing him president.

Nearly every reasonable person I know voted for Obama because they thought McCain sucked...unfortunately I'd have t agree, but that didn't mean the alternative would be any better.