The First Amendment of Bill of Right. One sentence and 46 words. Short and simple yet it allows me to write this blog about whatever I wish. It allows you to read if you choose to do so. No police knocking on my door, no KGB monitoring my internet activities, no neighbor "telling" on me.
This Amendment is not to be taken lightly. Because of the freedom of speech or of the press the United States became what it is today. For some strange reason people take their constitution for granted. They think it will always be there no matter what, but it is soon to change. Our freedom of speech and press has been put on Obama watch. He is watching us not for the security reasons but for socialist reason. He wants us to think as convenient for him. He wants us feel as we are in need of his holly touch. He is getting 50% of Americans to think that is it OK to depend on him and it is not OK to say anything against him as he is the ONE, he is the forgotten child....
I know what the First Amendment means to me, but I would really like to know what it means to you. Please share your thought....
1 comment:
Well you know Bush put on wire taps too..
But I agree that the Democratic party as a whole relies greatly on the neediness of others. Without materialistic incentive, liberals would be in shambles.
I think the first ammendment, and many others after that, is what really separates our country from others. I am so greatful that our forefathers had the right intentions when writing the constitution, unlike most leaders of that time (and even most now). The consitution very clearly states that the people CAN and WILL govern themselves and they are ALL equal...I mean where else does it say that?
You're right, people do take that for granted. If the entire world was one big democracy, then I don't really think taking it for granted would matter. But, unfortunately, the world is still full of awful and corrupt governments. We have to realize how special what we have is and advocate for it. We need to get off our lazy butts and spread democracy! Not force it down others' throats, of course, but really set a good example and...ahem...use force if necessary. I believe in using violence as a last resort, but sometimes it's necessary.
So that's what I think about it. :)
Post a Comment