I can say many great things about America. It is the greatest country to live in. I know because I lived in Europe, I know what happens there.
From a very young age non-American's are taught not to like Americans. They are selfish, uneducated, uncultured bunch of people. And by European standards they are correct. But what they are missing is the core and the strength of this country. No where else in the world people proudly hang their flag in front of their home. No where else in the world people sing their hymn while not being forced.
The first time I felt an American was at a Baseball game. The hymn was playing and I took my hand and placed it on my heart and that is when I knew where I belong. I am not going to say that I had tears in my eyes because I didn't. But I did FEEL!
My America is full of opportunities, happiness, pride. I am honored to be a part of this land. I am proud to be an American!!!!!!!
2 comments:
I was touched by this.
Thank you Nina. That was beautiful and heartfelt, I know. This is exactly the way most of us feel about our wonderful country and we are very pleased to have you become "one of us".
Post a Comment